Wednesday 19 May 2010

WHOOPIE!!!

I have been spending a lot more time baking and eating these home-baked goods than I should and this still hasn't stopped! Yesterday we had a go at American WHOOPIE PIES, a mix between a cake, a biscuit and a cookie with marshmallow cream in the middle.

Trying to do this in a kitchen about the size of my foot (not very big) was no mean feat, and there are quite a few processes in the recipe. Nonetheless, we came out with these:

Strawberry ripple Whoopies with desiccated coconut
and strawberry marshmallow cream

Not perfect and all shapes and sizes but still yummy

Lemon Whoopies with lemon marshmallow cream and lemon icing

The recipe I followed claimed that these were the new baking 'thing' but my verdict is I still love proper cakes more! They reminded me of scones, crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside, and were heavier than expected.

I promise I will blog more about DESIGN in the future and stop showing you pictures of my futile baking projects...! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment